Wednesday 23 January 2013

Day 23/365

It's a good thing Blue Door Photography doesn't have a Health & Safety Manager...as they totally would've disapproved of the way I got this photo!

Every time I drive down to the bottom of Hillside Road in Westhill, and I see these two trees, I think of my Mumsy. She asked me...quite a few years ago now, for a photo of these trees. They do hit you when you drive towards them...not literally, it's not Hogwarts, but visually. I love them! I've taken a few photos of them over the years, spring, summer and winter, but never really felt like the photo captured them well enough, either because of the light or seeing the dual carriageway in the distance. Bleugh.

But today, as I headed off on my second journey to the airport to pick up the lovely Cassia Martin, after several flight delays, I simply HAD to stopthecaratthesideofthemajorlysnowyroadgrabmycameraadjustmysettingsjumpoutandstandinthemiddleoftheroadtotakeaquickphotoortwo...because the light was beautiful, the mist was covering up the dual carriageway, the snow was lying so beautifully amongst the branches, and the best vantage point just happens to be in the middle of the road.

I do believe I've finally got the shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment