Thursday 17 January 2013

Day 17/365

Working from home has quite a few advantages, one of which being that I can put my hair in rollers after my shower, put on joggers and a tshirt, then head downstairs and start work...and then, once my hair's dry, I can take a break from editing wedding photos (which is such an arduous job of course...not), and go see how pretty my hair looks!

I don't do this every day though, in fact I only just tried it for the first time the other day...well, that's not true...I have had rollers in my hair once before, on Sarah's wedding day...it didn't go well, to say the least. I was sat with my head in that oven thing they put on top of you, cooking away, so excited about how curly and amazing my hair was going to look, and even more so when the other 3 bridesmaids started to have their rollers removed and their pretty, long locks were bouncing about. They looked amazing! Then it was my turn...but, because my hair wasn't anywhere near as long as the other girls', my curls didn't bounce down...they puffed up. I looked like a mushroom. And, me being...me, I stepped outside for some fresh cool air, and started to cry! Hello, maidofhonourzilla. The hairdresser saved the day by straightening out the mushroom and putting a pretty flower in my hair. Haha. Sarah, I apologise, once again, for my drama.

Anyway! I've wanted to try out rollers again for a long time, now that my hair's long, and after a friend started trying it with her hair a few weeks back, I decided to get in on the roller banter too! It's great fun :) Now I get to sit around all evening in my joggers and tshirt, with pretty hair! Haha.

...It's weird how the entire time I sat working away, with rollers in my hair, I hoped that no one would come to the door to see me like that...but I'm happily posting a photo of it on to the internet, for who knows how many people to see! Really, I think I look pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment