Sunday 20 January 2013

Day 19/365

Today I did some Prop DIY between editing :) I.Love.Them. I love chalkboards, and I love tea...so what could better than a chalkboard mug!? I've been wanting some of these for months and months, but the only ones I could find online were ridiculously expensive Starbucks ones from the States, or teeny tiny, probably espresso sized ones, on Amazon. Totally not good enough. So, of course I decided to make my own! I've been on the hunt for the perfect shaped and sized mugs...and eventually, yesterday, I decided just to try these ones. I actually like them more now than I did when I got them!

The paint has some flaws in it, but it's pretty darn good for a first attempt! I think I'm going to do a couple more...and once these ones are totally dry tomorrow I'll get a snap of them with a cute message on them or something :) And you'll see them in action in some of my shoots in the near future hopefully :)

Stay tuned for other chalkboard props...if I can find what I've got in mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment