Tuesday 14 June 2011

Day 164: Birthday Bench Monday, not quite to plan...

This is my whole wonderful family, in the A&E ward of Aberdeen Hospital, sitting on my big bro's bed for the night. I had planned to have us all standing on a bench holding cake, but due to the huge abnormal size of Ali's elbow, that didn't happen. The poor guy's being kept in the hospital over night, drugged up, to try reduce the swelling. You see the thick pen line on his left arm? Yeah...that's where the redness and PUFF has progressed to over the last few days, if you look super close you'll see the line from yesterday, and the day before. He doesn't feel too good, but the drugs are having a hilarious effect...he told Mum he loved her when they were on the phone this afternoon, as I was driving him to the hospital. Good times.

The rest of us had pizza takeaway at home after work, before heading in to the hospital to see him, and bring him more of his toys, and a cupcake. We then came home and had birthday cake, and I went out to the back garden to get this week's Bench Monday shot...
Thank you very much to my wonderful family, for putting up with me the last TWENTY TWO years, and all my friends for their birthday wishes today. I feel very very blessed to have all of you in my life.

P.S. I LOVE getting older. Many say that'll change when I reach 30...maybe, but I doubt it! This past year has absolutely flown by (I've still not sorted out my box of remnants from my 21st Birthday), but it's been an incredible year, and I look forward to the years ahead and what the Lord has in store for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment