Friday 7 March 2014

Day 6/365

So I mentioned the other day that I'm doing a fun photography course and we'd been given to shooting challenges. The first was to capture a portfolio worthy portrait in a supermarket, so I got a beautiful snap of Elsie walking with Sarah, with a ginormous 'Cakes' sign in the background. You can see that here.

Part two of the homework was not to photograph a pile of leaves...but to capture a portfolio worthy portrait of a complete stranger! Eek. Not just a stalker photograph of someone walking through the park, but an actual portrait of them, taken with their permission. So yesterday I headed to Duthie Park to find the perfect stranger, but unfortunately, because I had a lot of work to get done (which really isn't a bad thing), I didn't get there till quite late in the day, and it was such a dull afternoon, so there weren't many people around, and those who were there, were all wrapped up in their waterproofs with their hoods up, quickly walking their dogs! So not exactly portfolio worthy conditions. I wanted something bright and colourful!

So I didn't manage to get my homework done yesterday, but I did enjoy a walk around Duthie Park, checking out the restoration! The new boating pond looks beautiful, and I'm really excited for some beautiful family portraits there later in the year. You're maybe wondering how I managed to find such a beautiful pile of leaves at this time of year...well...they're in the bottom of the boating pond! It's a beautiful sight. I had to darken up the colour tones to make the leaves stand out a bit more through the water, and I kinda love it! I didn't want to put my logo on it and ruin how lovely it is. Haha.

So my trip to Duthie Park wasn't a total failure :)

No comments:

Post a Comment