Sunday 25 September 2011

Day 268: New Reading Notes!

I haven't had daily bible reading notes for a few months now. I'm so rarely near the shop in the town centre to buy them these days. Which is a shocking excuse considering I'm pretty sure it would be very easy to set up a yearly order for them online, and get them delivered to my house! Then again, come to think of it, I don't think I had been enjoying the last few issues...so that's perhaps why I didn't try harder to get more.

I have been getting the UCB notes sent to my phone FOR FREE every day for the last few months though, so that's something. They've been incredibly fitting and helpful the past few weeks in particular. I love it when the lesson for that day is guidance for an issue you were actually struggling with the day before, so you're able to start your day feeling stronger about how to act on it!

But, getting it sent to my phone isn't the same as having a physical booklet to read. I scroll through it all on my phone each morning before I get up, which is great! Because usually I would do my reading last thing at night. But I don't bother looking up the bible passages that go along with it, because it would take away from my "Got to get my hair looking perfect before work!" time. Which is a complete joke because it's always a mess.

So, anyway, Mum decided to order me the nexts issue of reading notes that are sold at our Church book stall. They're not what I have been using for the last few years, so we'll see if I like the way they're done. If not, perhaps it'll motivate me to order physical copies of the UCB notes. And then I'll need to find out whether I can wake myself up 15 minutes earlier each morning, because it really is a great way to start your day! I wonder if I could get an audio version for the car, and I could listen on the way to work...so I don't miss out on sleep. Ha. Shocking.

Ok, woaw. Long blog post tonight! Hope you've all had a lovely weekend. I sure have! Apart from a minor mishap this afternoon, but we don't need to dwell on the past. Ha.

1 comment:

  1. I can think of some other ways for you to not miss out on sleep!!! : )

    ReplyDelete