Tuesday 13 September 2011

Day 256: Evening Drive

As I was driving home from work I fancied an extended drive on a country road with some loud music. Rush hour was not the time to do that; being in a convoy of cars isn't quite enjoying the open road, so I thought I'd save it for after dinner. I keep forgetting the fact that it's SEPTEMBER, and it's getting dark earlier again, sob, and the clouds weren't helping! So when I went out around 7 I pretty much just chased the sunset, no particular destination in mind, just hoping the clouds would clear a bit, for a photie!

And after driving with the window wipers on strong for a while, I saw an opening! Yipee! And realised I was just a few miles from Aboyne, so I decided to go check out the loch at the golf club. Sarah had mentioned it the previous week, and I thought it was pretty shocking that I'd never gone in to look at it, during any of our many many trips out that way over the years.

It's smaller than I thought. But the Golf club looks very nice! Would be a lovely spot to photograph a wedding reception. I'd be pretty excited to be honest.

I'm ashamed to say I took the photo from the car window...ha. It was a single track road up to the Lodge, with signs saying "No Parking" so I just took some quick snaps, then began the drive home again...it was super dark, and pouring, when I reached Banchory. Not a huge fan of driving in the dark when it's pouring, but Kings of Leon kept me company, and it felt good to just drive!

No comments:

Post a Comment