Wednesday 25 June 2014

Day 98/365 - Vancouver to Vancouver Island

To make sure we had plenty time to explore Victoria on Vancouver Island we hit the road at half 9. But before we headed off I wanted to get some shots of the funny men along the road at the beach front, as they reminded me of Elsie when she laughs, so Matthew and I ran along the road (not literally!) and snapped a few comedy photos. We also put our feet in the Pacific Ocean!! This led to a comedy moment back at the hotel whilst I was attempting to wash my feet...I stepped in to the bath and turned on the tap...but the water was set to come out of the shower, not the bath taps!! So my back got a lovely refreshing blast of cold water...requiring a speedy change of clothes before heading downstairs to pack the car and hit the road on time to catch the ferry. So many lols.

The ferry was so much more efficient than the Lewis ferry (soz Calmac, but true fact), we were all amazed! It had two decks of cars offloading at the same time, and it held a lot of cars! It also had a wee clothes and tourists tat shop on it where I bought a pair of 'Toms'-like shoes with a totem pole style print on them. Woo!

Matthew and I decided that when we win the lottery (which we don't actually take part in) we're gonna buy a house on the edge of one of the wee islands the ferry sailed between on our way. I really love the wooden houses they have here...if I haven't mentioned that already...Especially the ones looking out over the ocean.

Once we landed we drove half an hour south, to the bottom of Vancouver Island, to the waterfront of Victoria...to our ridiculously beautiful hotel (see above)! It looks out over the boating wharf and sea plane docks...although our rooms didn't have that view, we had a little side street instead...but beggars can't be choosers when you're staying somewhere as lovely as this!

All we had time for really was a walk around the shops, what a shame! I found a beautiful pair of burnt orange sandals in a major sale. Yay! And Matthew finally found the hoody he's been searching for all week!

Check out the funky Elephant trees at the front of the hotel. Loved them! And the two figures you see across the street are two girls waiting for a lift home after their graduation dance...or whatever they're called in Canada.

No comments:

Post a Comment