Saturday 21 January 2012

My New Hat

This post is going to be rather random...This year I want to make more use of my lighting kit, and get some practice with it, and the past couple weeks I've thought about setting it up and doing some more crazy self portraits. So when I bought a beautiful new hat the other day I thought it was the perfect prop to get me going. The photos are all pretty similar, I should have incorporated more props...*note to self for next time*

Here are a couple shots before I got started with the make up, and I've not done any post production on Photoshop with these ones...

Having the remote shutter release was a massive help! I was still going back and forth to see if I was actually in the frame, but focusing was far easier!

I absolutely love these next two shots...yes, I'm wearing lipstick in the first...and then it came off when I added the eye makeup as I didn't want to go too overboard...ha...


And I don't really have much to say about the rest of the photos...I can't believe how many I'm posting...










And here are a couple black and whites to mix things up...
So...I successfully set up my lighting kit and had some fun! Apologies for the number of me's in this post...I'm planning on branching out and doing lots of themed shoots with beautiful people throughout the year, indoors and outdoors to get practice with natural light and studio lighting. 

Hope you're all have a good weekend :) I am now, very happily, going to step away from the laptop, and my face. Haha.

1 comment:

  1. Girl, you are such an amazing photographer and artist. God has really blessed you. Love the pics!! Shalle'

    ReplyDelete